Sunday, January 6, 2013

Keep in Time.

I think I forget too much. I have halves of myself that I get lost in and wherever my mind is is the only place I think about. As soon as a new obsession comes along, I dive in headfirst and become wrapped up in the joys of fandoms, OTPs, characters, and too many words. These fictional people and places swallow everything I am and everything I do.

If this is you, don't let that happen. Being too wrapped up in tv shows, movies, or books can be dangerous if you believe in them too much. Obsessions can keep you from people and things that really mean something. By immersing yourself in a frivolous joy, you can miss out on a happiness that is more real than anything you see on tumblr, instagram, or netflix . . .

Enjoy it. Have your loves, but don't let them stop you from missing out on greater loves than those.

No comments:

Post a Comment