Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 15 (I wrote this then but didn't have time to post it. I actually left today, so I have much more to say that will come later)

YO.

Every day here gets better and better. I came to this camp and suddenly I was on a different plane of the universe, surrounded by new people  and new places and new experiences. Being me, I was expecting much more of the situation than I should have; however, I was surprised. Everything is wonderful. Everything surpasses those expectations I had. I'm even surprised at myself, learning a new thing every day.

I made friends within the first day and a half. A group of five, with three of them being in my disciplinary course. We meet up in different places on the campus to make music, write, get some food, and just have fun. My friends are ones that I could imagine having in real life (isn't it strange that technically this is real life too, but that phrase fits so well?).

Dorm life is totally my thing. I like having a little unit of people, with a place for everyone and everything to be. It suits me.

As for things I'm learning, maybe I'm still figuring that out. I learned that being social can be wonderful. I learned that seven hours of sleep can get me through a hard day. I learned that I don't always have such a developed Theory of Mind as I thought. I learned that guys decrease in stupidity if you let them be your friends.

The world I'm living in right now is almost perfect. I can see the horizon of land on the edge of my vision though, only one more week left. I plan to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa,

    Let me start with the fact that I got here about half a minute ago to scan through your posts. I got here from Stage of Life where I stumbled upon your link. I connected immediately to how you think and your opinions - feeling a little deja vu, in fact - are very...real. I'll definitely be keeping up with this site. :)

    All the best,

    Ruby
    rubymaxwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby Maxwell, I am very sorry that I never saw your comment before, and also that I have not posted since the one you found. I would enjoy the chance of meeting a person who understands the way I think, and I will therefore check out your blog for hopes of the same.

      Delete